Monday 29 October 2012

Emotions

The rollercoaster of emotions over the last few weeks is taking its toll on both Steve and myself. I'm really not sure how to feel, what to say, or what to think. I fluctuate between a distracted calmness, to anger, to tears and fear. I want to cling firmly to the optimistic hope of beating this cancer, of being one of the positive statistics. So often, though I find myself thinking on the reality that is lying out before me.

I was talking to someone earlier this week who has also battled cancer, breast cancer. She commented how she had been afraid to hope for the best for fear that it wouldn't happen, but also afraid to think about the worst case scenario for fear of making it happen. How much of our thinking really influences our health? I'm really not certain. They say laughter is the best medicine. What if even a smile is hard to muster up?

2 comments:

  1. Karen this is a great way to keep everyone in touch with your journey and how you are all going. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your beautiful family x. I will follow your blog often and keep in touch. know that you are supported and in prayers from afar x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, I really believe in the power of positive thinking. After working in hospitals for many years, I have seen first hand what difference a positive mind frame can make. I'm certain not saying that having a positive mindset will make everything ok, but who knows what the power of our mind can do to our body. Let your emotions do what they need to do, but at the same time....keep strong as you can. Let yourself feel what you want to feel...that is also important...the roller coaster ride is one to be taken and not ignored. Gods strength will be with you xx

    ReplyDelete